Talk20 Hutch is July 18, at 7 p.m. in the Hutchinson Public Library. The library is at 901 N. Main. The event will be downstairs, so there’s plenty of room for everyone who wants to attend. Talk20 Hutch brings people together to learn, listen, and engage over a variety of topics. The event is free and open to the public. The after party is at Carl’s Bar, 103 N. Main St.
Ten community members show 20 photographs, and speak for only 20 seconds per slide (a total of a little over 6 minutes). The slides are on a timer, so the format is set. The total time of the event is around 90 minutes, including a 10 minute intermission halfway through.
These are the participants for Talk20 Hutch on July 18.
- Christopher Wietrick – One Small Idea
- Kristen Garlow Piper – Deja Vu All Over Again
- Julie Black – A Little Watercolor Whimsy
- Ryan Corwin – Yes! I’m a nerd. No! I do not love Star Wars.
- Tony Finlay – Did you know?
- Jim French – Global Detente from a Farm in Center Township
- Melanie Green – Hatching an Independent Bookstore
- Jennifer Randall – The Publik Bike Station: The First Bike Share in Kansas
- Kris Richardson – Flight
- Maren Berblinger – Uniting People When Differences Divide
“Response to the premiere Talk20 Hutch was phenomenal, and we’re thrilled to have another extraordinary line-up,” says Patsy Terrell, one of the organizers. “It’s great to see so many people gather to share ideas and engage with each other.”
For additional information, and to see videos from the first Talk20 Hutch, check talk20hutch.com.