Dave McKane is offering a photography Masterclass on March 9 at the Hutchinson Public Library, 901 N. Main. It will be in the second floor auditorium. The class is free and begins at 6 p.m. It will last a little over an hour and be followed by a field shoot near the Fox Theatre, 18 E 1st.
Dave McKane is the Principal of the Institute of Photography in Dublin, Ireland. He has been shooting night and dusk photography for the last 20 years. During this unique Masterclass you will learn key elements of dusk/night photography including how to:
• Research and identify great locations
• Calculating when the ‘Blue Moment’ will occur
• Take control of the key camera settings for dusk and night photography to ensure the sharpest shots
• Use light trails to add an extra something to your shots
• Use and manipulate Raw files for the best control over exposure and white balance
• Use of masks and layers in Photoshop/Elements to bring out all the important detail in your shots
• Sharpening techniques for printing your shots
Attendees are welcome to join a special shoot held immediately after the Masterclass, in downtown Hutchinson at the Fox Theatre, 18 E 1st Ave. On this shoot all Masterclass attendees will receive special instruction as to how to squeeze the best out of the scene. Any kind of digital camera is suitable for this field trip, just be sure to have it fully charged. A tripod is vital and a cable or remote release would be helpful, particularly if trying to capture light trails.
For more information contact Annette at 620-663-5441 ext 132 or email email@example.com.