Talk20 Hutch brings people together to learn, listen, and engage over a variety of topics. The event is free and open to the public. The after party is at Carl’s Bar, 103 N. Main, in downtown Hutchinson. People are encouraged to continue the conversation at Carl’s after the structured event at the library. Those under 21 are welcome.
Ten community members show 20 photographs, and speak for only 20 seconds per slide (a total of a little over 6 minutes per presentation). The slides are on a timer, so the format is set. The total time of the event is around 90 minutes, including a 10 minute intermission halfway through.
“Talk20 is about people sharing their stories with the community,” says Patsy Terrell, one of the organizers. “We want to hear about their passions.”
These are the participants for Talk20 Hutch:
- Bailey Stiggins – Extrovert Problems
- Dave McKane – Hutchinson Saved My Life
- Ivonne Rivera-Newberry – Bendiciones (Blessings)
- Scott Brown – Inspiration & Collaboration
- Amanda Roberts – Overcoming Poverty
- Ron Sylvester – The Changing Face of the News
- Michele Silsbee – Parents, Find Your Tribe
- Judy Crow McDonald, PhD – Around the World with Schools
- Darren Morawitz – Cosplay: A Nerd Odyessy
- Jackson Swearer – Downtown Living
(The actual order won’t be announced until that evening.)