Talk20 Hutch brings people together to learn, listen, and engage over a variety of topics. The event is free and open to the public. The after party is at Carl’s Bar, 103 N. Main, in downtown Hutchinson. People are encouraged to continue the conversation at Carl’s after the structured event at the library. Those under 21 are welcome.
Ten community members show 20 photographs, and speak for only 20 seconds per slide (a total of a little over 6 minutes per presentation). The slides are on a timer, so the format is set. The total time of the event is around 90 minutes, including a 10 minute intermission halfway through.
“We want to create community through story-telling,” says Patsy Terrell, one of the organizers. “This is a unique way to engage with our neighbors,” says Kari Mailloux, the other organizer.
These are the participants for Talk20 Hutch:
- Ryan Diehl Resolving to Resolve
- Lynn Ledeboer Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!
- Ari Gold Journey of a Lifetime
- Mandy Malone Finding Monkey Mandy
- Sondra Borth Borth Family Farm – Then and Now
- Louise Hook My Parenting Journey
- Evan Graham My Vision
- Todd Ray It’s Just Skin
- Steven Petermann Craft Brewing – From Grain to Glass
- Vicki Adrian Revitalizing the Heart of Small Towns
(The actual order won’t be announced until that evening.)
For additional information, check talk20hutch.com, or facebook.com/talk20hutch.