Strataca/Kansas Underground Salt Museum is hosting the Hunt for Red Rock-tober on October 5. This is a fun excursion out into the mine to select unique and colorful salt rocks for your personal collection.
Staff members will guide you in an underworld adventure to some of their favorite rock piles. Arrive at 3:30 p.m. and return topside at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $30 per person. You must be 18 years of age or older for this experience.
Tennis shoes or hiking shoes and long pants (not tights) are required. No open toes or open back shoes or short pants. Gloves are recommended.
- You must bring a good flashlight!
- You may bring a camera but no video.
- You’re limited to one bucket, which you need to bring with you. It can be no larger than 5 gallons and must have a handle.
- You will be walking on uneven and unlit terrain.
- You must be able to carry your bucket which could weigh up to 60 pounds.